Ridge Methodist Church first met for worship on September 11, 1955, and received into membership 29 people. During the first five years, the congregation met in three different places: a community center, an old town hall, and a funeral home. The cornerstone for a permanent church building was laid in November 1960.
As the congregation grew, a newer, larger sanctuary was added in 1983. Then, in 2003, another addition that included a large fellowship hall, kitchen and youth room was built. Ridge United Methodist Church is now the church home of more than 200 families who live in the northwest Indiana and suburban Chicago areas.